United Christian Bible Institute prepares women and men to serve Jesus Christ in ministries marked by faith, integrity, scholarship, competence, compassion, and joy, equipping them for leadership worldwide in congregations and the larger church, in classrooms and the academy, educational platforms, and in the public arena.
A professional and graduate institution, the Institute stands within the United Christian Church tradition which shapes the instruction, research, practical training, and continuing education provided by the Institute as well as the theological scholarship it promotes. The Institute embraces in its life and work a rich racial and ethnic diversity and the breadth of communions represented in the worldwide church. It offers its theological scholarship in service to God’s renewal of the church’s life and mission, and it seeks to engage Christian faith with intellectual, political, and economic life in pursuit of truth, justice, compassion, and peace.
Men and women from across the nation and around the world come to the United Christian Bible Institute every year to pursue ministry as a vocation. Students come from Tennessee, Ohio, and other states of the Union, from all over Africa, India and other countries of the world; they are black, white, Native American, Asian, Hispanic, young, middle-aged, and older adults representing various denominations, fundamentalist groups, evangelical groups, Pentecostal groups, Apostolic groups, and Spirit filled students from various walks of life; students seeking higher education as well as fundamental theological education — each committed in ministry to Jesus Christ and the church.
What Programs Does the United Christian Bible Institute Offer?
- The United Christian Bible Institute can assist you in obtaining several degrees: Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Theology, Doctorate of Divinity, and Doctor of Philosophy, as well as an M.Div./M.A. Dual Degree.
- The UCBI also can assist you in obtaining a dual-degree program that awards both the M.Div. and M.A. in either Youth Ministry or Christian Education. In addition, Seminary students may apply to a Joint M.Div./ M.S.W. Program in Ministry and Social Work through participating Universities.
- The UCBI also offers degrees in General Bible Knowledge.
- The UCBI also can assist you in obtaining degrees in Christian Psychology such as the Christian Doctorate of Psychology (CPsyD).
- The School of Christian Education, which prepares students for the church’s teaching ministries, offers Christian Educator Certification in the United Christian and other denominations.
- The Institute for Youth Ministry, which emphasizes the theological task of ministry with young people, offers degree and non-degree theological education, including doctoral and master’s level study, as well as a Certificate in Youth and Theology.
- Students may apply to work towards teacher certification through UCBI.
- Women’s Studies, the Program for Asian American Theology and Ministry and the Program for African-American Studies in Ministry offer special opportunities for study, fellowship, and dialogue in these vital fields.
- Learn more about our Educational Programs.
Who Teaches At UCBI?
- Most professors are ordained ministers in their respective denominations. Although many denominations are represented at the University, the majority are by far represented by the Pentecostal faith.
What Facilities Does UCBI Have?
- A lovely campus in the heart of Cleveland, Tennessee and in Columbus, Ohio. Other fine campus and university settings are located in India and Africa.
- Beautiful buildings, some dating from the early nineteenth century.
- One of the largest theological research collections in the world.
- Archival treasures, including the most complete set of Dead Sea Scroll photographs in the world, the second-largest collection of Puritan writings in the United States, and and one of the most extensive libraries of theological works in the world.
- A gymnasium and campus center for rest and recreation.
What Do Graduates Do With Their Lives?
- Most minister in local congregations.
- Some go on to become educators, theologians, and professors.
- Others pursue teaching, counseling, mission work, chaplaincy, ministries of social justice, or administration.
- The United Christian Bible Institute and the United Christian Theological Institute have developed the Hybrid Educational Department of On-campus and Distance Education. The HEDODE department offers distance learning throughout the year with two weeks of intensive on-campus classes.
- These classes were specifically created and designed by the universities best scholars for those students already active in the ministry, such as full-time pastors, full-time educators, and full-time evangelists.
- In addition to our regular courses HEDODE offers specialized courses which consists of an in-depth study of the Old and New Testament. The General Bible Knowledge I (GBK I) – Old Testament course consists of six separate units which cover Genesis through Malachi. The General Bible Knowledge II (GBK II) – New Testament course consists of nine separate units which cover Matthew through Revelation.
- Distance courses are very thorough and must be completed on a very time sensitive schedule. On-campus classes for the program convene the last week of June and the first week of July annually. These on-campus classes begin at 8:00 AM and continue until 5:00 PM with a noon break for lunch. After 5:00PM there is a break for supper. At 7:00 PM classes begin again and last until 11:00 PM.
After all Distance Learning and On-Campus courses are satisfactorily met, beautiful diplomas will be awarded to students at the University during a formal cap and gown graduation ceremony for graduating classes completing HEDODE educational requirements.
The HEDODE department also offers the Our Glorious Inheritance course. One of the most relevant, inspiring and edifying subjects to be pursued in Scripture is the revelation of over 1,000 names and titles God has given His offspring. Each one of these entitlements reveals a separate, unique and essential portion of the full inheritance available to the children of God. The comprehension of all our God-given names provides, quite possibly, the most comprehensive and compelling view of who we are, and what we posses, as sons and daughters of the Most High. The Our Glorious Inheritance course will introduce many of the names and titles God has given to you as a child of God.
An Advanced course titled “Solomon and the Proverbs” has been added to the program. With 28 hours of lectures by Rev. Pat Hayes on DVD, and the course book, you are sure to come away from this study better equipped as a servant of God.
All of the degrees available to on-campus students are available through the HEDODE program. Please keep in mind that the hybrid education of Distance Learning combined with the annual two weeks of intensive on-campus classes is no easy task and demands the strictest of self discipline, dedication and absorbed studies.
Ten’s of thousands of students have completed these courses and are working in ministry today
Husbands and wives who are full time in the ministry and applying for the HEDODE courses will receive a special discount.
See Courses Brochure for details. (Husband/Wife means you receive two sets of study books)
United Christian Church, a non-denominational ministry dedicated to promoting the cause of Jesus Christ, was established in 1956. It is one of the largest Fundamental-Pentecostal intra-church ministry fellowships in the world with over 20,000 Christian ministers world-wide.
United Christian Bible Institute
2200 Peerless Road
Cleveland, Tennessee, 37311
United Christian Academy
2200 Peerless Road
Cleveland, Tennessee, 37311
United Christian Theological Institute
97 Grant Avenue
International College and Seminary
71 Odetunde Street off Balogun Road
Iju-Ishaga, Lagos, Nigeria 234001
Apostolic Church Bible College
46/48 Ayodele Okeowo Street
Soluyi Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria 234001
United Christian Institute
Dhan Road, 71, Suranussi, India, –144027
United Christian College (Kowloon East)
2 Lee On Lane, Kwun Tong
Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Please email us for further information and costs at : UCBI.email@example.com
Grab the Torch, Catch the Flame!
Click on the link below to visit the exciting United Christian Academy website–Quality Christian education is available for your child.
CLICK ON THIS LINK —> United Christian Academy